Friday, June 12, 2009

June's workspace



I am trying some different things.  One is to draw directly on my paintings from botanical sources.   I draw in sketch books from nature, but not so much in my painted work, so this is a change.  I still want to maintain a layered effect of my work and not paint a straight forward branch for example, so I began thinking about alternative ways to alter the surface beneath the drawing.


I am experimenting with some old metal plates I found from my printing days.  I have painted with copper salts to change the surface.  Then I thought that would be neat to have that type of surface as an under layer to my paintings, so I tried painting the support with metalic paint and got this.  


Now I am painting over the surface with oils.  You can see the undercoat of 'bronze' paint, brushed with copper salts and the blue oil line drawing on top in this detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment